- Kindergarten are doing a Billy Goats Gruff unit in their classroom, so I took advantage of their background knowledge to build an activity using fiction and non fiction elements. We read the books The Billy Goats Fluff and a nonfiction book called Goats. We completed a 'Goats Can, Have, Are' activity and then we checked out books and did some STEMy table activities,
- With the First Graders I read the book Little Grunt and the Big Egg and then we worked on our Good Manners with a Library Book mini-booklet. Of course, we checked out books and explored our STEMy table activities afterwards.
- With Second Grade I am continuing with the Library Mouse series of books. We read Library Mouse - A Museum Adventure and then went straight to checkout and table activity time.
- With Third Grade we continued our exploration of the library search engine and I had them practicing using CAT forms correctly. They all did a wonderful job and all felt accomplished at finding Easy and Fiction books. Some intrepid third graders also wandered in to the nonfiction section and were quite successful at locating books there too (some of our teachers get confused in the nonfiction section so I was very proud of those third graders!)
- For Fourth Grade I read the Caldicott winner Owl Moon. We then worked on an activity about the illustrations in the book. Of course, we then spent some time checking out books and doing some fun STEMy table activities,
- Fifth Grade continued their work on understanding the Dewey Decimal System of nonfiction books and the we had some checkout time.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.