- Kindergarten are doing a gingerbread unit in their classroom, so to support their learning I read The Gingerbread Girl and The Gingerbread Pirates. We then completed a Gingerbread color by numbers.
- In First Grade we read a fun Hanukkah story and then completed a character and setting activity.
- In Second Grade we also read a Hanukkah story and then began talking about the table of contents in nonfiction books.
- In Third Grade we also explored the table of contents in nonfiction books. We talked about the way we use them to be effective researchers.
- In Fourth Grade we began talking about the Dewey Decimal categories, completed a short activity and enjoyed the Dewey Decimal rap!
- In Fifth Grade we began our exploration of the different kinds of reference materials available to use in the Media Center and completed an activity involving almanacs.
Happy Thanksgiving! We were only in school this week for Monday and Tuesday, so I only got to see 6 of my 17 classes and I didn't get to see any fifth graders at all. I still did some fun things with the other classes through. Read on to see what we got up to.........
In addition to all that learning, your students also enjoyed some STEMy table activities and had plenty of book checkout time.
What a fun week at Shepardson! Thursday was our STEM Night, Mrs. Woodcox worked so hard to get some great presenters at Shepardson for a wonderful night of hands on exploration and learning fun. I missed seeing Mrs. Repenning and Ms. Durkin's classes since there was no school Friday.
This was quite an exciting week at Shepardson. Mrs. Woodcox and I debuted some 'Squishy Circuits' fun with some of the upper grade classes on Thursday and Friday (my Monday and Wednesday upper grade classes will do Squishy Circuits next week - so don't despair Mrs. Burge, Mr. Mason and Ms. Rasmussen's classes!)
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.