- In their classrooms Kindergarten are doing a paper unit, so to build on their learning I read two books all about paper. Trees to Paper and From Tree to Paper, both had great information explaining how paper is made. For our table work we did some 'Paper Investigations' which the students found fun and exciting.
- In First Grade we read the hilarious book Arnie the Doughnut and continued with page 4 of our mini-book.
- Since our Build to Express legos were so successful last week with the third, fourth and fifth graders, I decided to use them with the second graders too. They didn't disappoint and were very insightful and thoughtful with their builds. A lot of fun was had by us all and we will definitely do them again as the year goes on.
- In Third Grade we continued working on Easy Call Numbers.
- In Fourth Grade we began our transition from Fiction Call Numbers in to Nonfiction Call numbers.
- In Fifth Grade we talked about researching skills and using our knowledge of Dewey Decimal categories to help us be efficient researchers.
This week our fifth graders went to ECO Week, so I missed seeing Ms. Rasmussen's class but I got hear some great adventures from Ms. Sullivan's and Ms. Durkin's classes.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.