- In Kindergarten we read the books Bailey and Wolf! . During our table work we practiced being illustrators by illustrating a pre-written story.
- In First Grade we read If You Take a Mouse to School and If You Take a Mouse to the Movies. The students then completed a cause and effect activity by recalling the text details in the If You Take a Mouse to School .
- In Second Grade we read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and completed a weather report in the style of a weather report from the town of Chewandswallow.
- In Third Grade we read the Caldicott winning book Owl Moon and completed an activity recalling the illustrations and the emotions and feelings that the illustrations add to the story.
- In Fourth Grade we looked at the 700-799 section of the library and looked at drawing and origami books to get a flavor of this section. The students practiced their drawing and origami skills.
- In Fifth Grade the students again brought their laptops to the Media Center and we looked at the title search of the catalog search in detail.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.