- In Kindergarten we read Lily's Purple Plastic Purse and identified tools that an illustrator might use to illustrate a book.
- In First Grade we read If you Give a Dog a Donut and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. We then worked on identifying the location of the author's name on the cover and title pages of different books.
- In Second Grade we discussed the 5 different types of Folktales. We read two examples, The Legend of the Bluebonnet and Johnny Appleseed. We then completed a folktales activity recalling text details about the folktales we just read.
- In Third Grade we continued exploring nonfiction call numbers.
- In Fourth Grade we looked at the Applied Science category of the Dewey Decimal System.
- In Fifth Grade the students brought their laptops to the Media Center and we explored the subtleties of the library search engine.
I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Spring Break. Take a look at the fun things we got up to this week in the Media Center.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.