- Since we currently have lots of snow on the ground we read snow themed books in Kindergarten and completed a snowflake symmetry table activity.
- We continued a snow theme in First Grade by reading The Snow Bear and Annie and the Wild Animals. We began talking about the many things you can find out by using library resources (checking out books is just the tip of the iceberg!)
- In Second Grade we read another snow themed book, Trouble with Trolls. We moved to the tables and explored and named parts of books (spine, title page, copyright page, dedication page, etc.)
- In Third Grade we completed an alphabetical challenge with the end goal of understanding how Easy and Fiction books are arranged and how to find them easily in our library.
- In Fourth Grade we moved on to the 100-199 of the Dewey Decimal categories. We completed an activity about friendships which are one example of the types of books found in this section.
- In Fifth Grade we are continuing our journey through reference materials and completed an 'Introduction to Atlases'.
Happy New Year! We've had a fun week back here at Shepardson. Read on to see what we got up to.......
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.