- Kindergarten are doing a gingerbread unit in their classroom, so to support their learning I read The Gingerbread Girl and The Gingerbread Pirates. We then completed a Gingerbread color by numbers.
- In First Grade we read a fun Hanukkah story and then completed a character and setting activity.
- In Second Grade we also read a Hanukkah story and then began talking about the table of contents in nonfiction books.
- In Third Grade we also explored the table of contents in nonfiction books. We talked about the way we use them to be effective researchers.
- In Fourth Grade we began talking about the Dewey Decimal categories, completed a short activity and enjoyed the Dewey Decimal rap!
- In Fifth Grade we began our exploration of the different kinds of reference materials available to use in the Media Center and completed an activity involving almanacs.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.