- Kindergarten are learning all about Nutrition in their classroom so we read some books about food and the food pyramid and completed a Healthy/unhealthy food sort on the Smartboard.
- First Grade are learning about rocks in their classroom so since my degree is in geology I jumped at the chance to teach them about the three main rock groups and gave them samples to take home. I think we may have a number of future geologists here at Shepardson!
- In Second grade we read Possum Magic and took a closer look at what information can be learned from Title and Copyright pages.
- With Mrs. Engstrom's third grade classes we played catch up and read Possum Magic and worked on title pages of fiction books.
- In Mrs. Ayala's Fourth Grade class we played catch up and we continued working on citations, this week we moved on to correctly citing encyclopedias.
- In Ms. Sullivan's class we played catch up and continued our work in the Dewey Decimal System, noting how detailed the numbers are becoming and how to locate them on our bookshelves.
What a fun week at Shepardson! Thursday was our STEM Night, Mrs. Woodcox worked so hard to get some great presenters at Shepardson for a wonderful night of hands on exploration and learning fun. I missed seeing Mrs. Repenning and Ms. Durkin's classes since there was no school Friday.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.