- Kindergarten are doing a Farm unit in their classrooms so I reinforced their learning with some farm themed books and activities.
- In First Grade we read some books about friendships and completed a 'Making Connections' activity.
- Second Grade are busy in their classroom on a Maps and Communities unit, so I supported their learning with a map drawing activity after we read How I Became an Pirate and took a look at different kinds of physical features in atlases.
- With Mr. Mason's third grade we read Possum Magic and worked on title pages of fiction books.
- In Mrs. Burge's Fourth Grade we continued working on citations, this week we moved on to correctly citing encyclopedias.
- In Ms. Rasmussen's class we continued our work in the Dewey Decimal System, noting how detailed the numbers are becoming and how to locate them on our bookshelves.
This was quite an exciting week at Shepardson. Mrs. Woodcox and I debuted some 'Squishy Circuits' fun with some of the upper grade classes on Thursday and Friday (my Monday and Wednesday upper grade classes will do Squishy Circuits next week - so don't despair Mrs. Burge, Mr. Mason and Ms. Rasmussen's classes!)
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.