- In Kindergarten this week we read books about Spiders to support their classroom learning. We then completed a fun Smartboard activity all about naming and labeling spider parts.
- In First Grade I read Creepy Carrots and Room on the Broom and we completed a write and draw Room on the Broom activity.
- In Second Grade we read the fun book Picnic at Mudsock Meadows and completed an activity where we described the main characters.
- In Third Grade we continued our exploration of Fiction Books.
- In Fourth Grade we began learning how to correctly cite references since fourth (and fifth grade) are beginning to work on their science fair and are in the process of collecting background information for their projects. This week we looked at how to correctly cite books.
- In Fifth Grade we continued working on Dewey Decimal Call Numbers.
It was Halloween week and we celebrate the holiday at Shepardson with our Read-a-thon Fundraiser. So on Friday (Oct 30th) we all dressed as our favorite book characters and paraded around the school. It was a lot of fun and there were some great costumes. We continued reading Halloween themed books throughout the week.
Welcome to my blog!
Find out the wonderful things we get up to in the Shepardson STEM Media Center.